Subscribe via Email

How your brother can travel with your E ticket

I remember it was 24 th December, 2011 and I was planning to take my Grandfather to show him to a Doctor in Mumbai, We had taken a prior Appointment and we are supposed to travel on 25th night so everything is ready and meanwhile I got a phone call form office and I need to attend a urgent meeting at Bangalore on 26th January, it was disgusting, but no other way I have to attend the meeting and at the same time My Grandfathers appointment is equally important as we don't get the appointment so easily

I cannot go and he cannot go alone, My Brother is available to take him but if we cancel the ticket  we will not be able to get a reservation, cursing myself I have went to the irctc website and was looking out for the rules , if we can change the name of the e ticket passenger and I found that it is possible and my brother accompanied my grandfather to Mumbai , see how


See what you have to do to change the passenger name in the e ticket

See who is eligible ?
Ticket can only be transfered to a family member, here a family member means only Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, Husband, Wife, Son and Daughter

You have to approach?
You have to approach nearest Railway Reservation Office 24 hours before scheduled departure of the train

You have to produce?
Printout of your e ticket, Your identity proof and a identity proof of your family member


That is a good provision which was very useful to us , I know many of us come across this type of situation you can make use of this provision.
-->




-->
How your brother can travel with your E ticket Reviewed by Gowardhan on 1/28/2012 07:08:00 PM Rating: 5

7 comments:

subhorup dasgupta said...

This sure is very useful information.

Gowardhan said...

Thank you dasji

kaushik said...

very gud nd very important and useful information

banti said...

What a great site… Thanks for this great piece of content.

Unknown said...

Good one, thats an interesting piece of info!

Gowtham said...

Hi Gowardhan, This is very useful information. Thanks.

arief said...

thanks for u r info..

All Rights Reserved by Readitt (the e magazine) © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.